Pages

Friday 21 June 2013

Swallowtail Duo

I love butterflies, and Stampin' Up! has a beautiful stamp of a Swallowtail. I first saw this used by Deena Boos. Here are two ways I've used this stamp.
 
The first is for a birthday:
 
 
The butterfly was stamped in StazOn on to whisper white card which was in turn layered onto black card and then onto the card blank made with Baja breeze card. I then inked a small section using a Baja breeze marker pen.

The sentiment is inked up using a Baja breeze marker pen onto whisper white card layered onto Baja breeze card and mounted using sticky pads.

Here is a close up of the sentiment:



You can also see the coloured areas on the butterfly and a close up of the Baja breeze ribbon.

I also used this image for a thank you card that I made for my neighbour who looked after my house for my whilst I was in America with my sister.

This time I went for the colour combination of white, yellow and grey, which is fast becoming a favourite of mine. The yellow really lifts the image and reminds me of summer.



I've stamped the butterfly in StazOn and then used a marker in Daffodil Delight to ink up part of the image. 

The sentiment was stamped in daffodil delight to match the yellow of the card and then die cut using Stampin' Up's Bitty Banner framelit. The sentiment was then adhered flat to the card.


Here is a close up that also shows off the ribbon in daffodil delight.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Angela


Ingredients

Stamps: Stampin' Up! Swallowtail, Itty Bitty Banner set and A Word For You set
Ink: StazOn, Stampin' Up! Baja Breeze, Daffodil Delight
Card: Stampin' Up! Whisper White, Basic Black, Baja Breeze (now retired), Daffodil Delight, Basic Grey
Other: Baja Breeze ribbon (now retired), Daffodil Delight ribbon, Bitty Banner Framelits

No comments:

Post a Comment