Pages

Wednesday 26 June 2013

In the Garden

Today's card is one I made for my brother-in-law, Brad. He has recently gotten the bug to grow his own vegetables, and so far he and my sister have been very successful at it. They have faced their challenges, growing vegetables is not the easiest thing to do in Florida when your soil is mainly sand, as it is in their case. So the vegetables are in boxes with their own watering system. I thought he would enjoy receiving a card depicting a garden and so I sent him this:
 


As you can see I've put flowers in the garden as opposed to vegetables! I stamped the Clarity XL postage stamp in Adirondack black onto Clarity Theuva card and then protected the area around the stamp with the outer part of the Clarity XL postage stamp mask. I started the picture by covering up the upper part of the postage stamp and brayering the grass in Adirondack Lettuce. I then used the Clarity cloud mask to do the sky in Adirondack Stonewashed. The flowers, wheelbarrow and fork are from the Clarity remountable garden set.


Once the interior part of the garden was complete I used the inner part of the XL postage stamp mask to protect the image and then restamped the wheelbarrow and fork, lining up with the original image so only those parts outside of the postage stamp frame were stamped. I then used a selection of Promarkers to colour the images. I also used the chisel end of a Promarker to colour the edge around the white card, giving it a layered look. The darker areas of the lawn were done using a make-up sponge.


The verse is also from Clarity - The Kiss of the Sun and was stamped in Adirondack black onto Theuva card and then die cut using the Labels Collection framelits from Stampin' Up! I coloured the edge of the die cut with the same colour Promarker I used around the edge of the main image. The leaves are in Lucky Limeade card from Stampin' Up! and were die cut using the Little Leaves sizzlit from Stampin' Up!

Thanks for stopping by today.

Angela

Ingredients

Stamps: Clarity XL Postage Stamp, remountable Garden Set, Kiss in the Garden
Ink: Adirondack Black, Stonewashed, Lettuce
Card: Clarity Theuva Card, Stampin' Up! Lucky Limeade
Other: Clarity XL Postage mask, Cloud mask, Promarkers, Stampin' Up! Labels Collection framelits, Little Leaves sizzlits

No comments:

Post a Comment