Pages

Thursday 27 June 2013

Humming Bird Birthday

Hello! As you may know from an earlier post of mine, I find making cards for my male colleagues challenging at times. Today's card was made for one of my mature friends and I thought I'd bring him some colour in the form of a Humming Bird:



I've used the Clarity XL Postage stamp and mask again for this card. I first stamped the postage stamp using Stazon black ink onto Clarity Theuva card. Using the outer part of the XL postage stamp mask to protect the outer edge of the card I stamped the Clarity large trumpet flower and the Clarity large humming bird also in Stazon black. I coloured the flowers and birds using a selection of Stampin' Up! water based markers.



Hopefully you can see that the flowers have a slight shimmer to them. This was achieved by painting over the flowers  and the bird with Twinkling H2Os, which is why I used Stazon ink, Adirondack ink would have smudged with the paint. The card's corners were rounded and layered onto Stampin' Up! Primrose Petals card, which also had the corners rounded. This was then layered onto white card from my stash. The sentiment from Clarity was stamped using Stamping' Up! Primrose Petal ink.

I also stamped the card insert with the Clarity large trumpet flower:


Thanks for stopping by today.

Angela

Ingredients

Stamps: Clarity XL Postage Stamp, Humming Bird, Large Trumpet Flower
Ink: Black Stazon, Stampin' Up! Primrose Petals
Card: Clarity Theuva card, Stampin' Up! Primrose Petal, white card from stash,  paper for insert
Other: Clarity XL Postage Stamp mask, We R Memory Keepers Crop-a-dile Corner Chomper, Twinkling H20s, Stampin' Up! water-based markers



No comments:

Post a Comment