Pages

Friday 5 July 2013

Marry Me!


Not literally you understand..... Hello today's card uses stamps from Stampin' Up's Marry Me set and I couldn't think of a title other than Wedding! This card was made for a friend of mine in Florida, who got married earlier this year. I was unable to make the wedding but luckily I did get to see the happy couple when visiting my sister recently.




The main image was stamped onto Stampin' Up! Whisper White card in Versamark and then covered in sticky stuff embossing powder and set with a heat gun. I then covered the image in Frosted Leaves gilding flakes and die cut it using Spellbinders Nestabilities Blossom Three.

This was then layered onto a card base from my stash, on which I placed a strip of Stampin' Up! Whisper White Organza ribbon, trimmed to the shape of the card.

I decorated the top left and bottom right corner of the card with a flourish cut from Whisper White card using Spellbinders Die D-Lites Fantastic Flourish One.



 
I added a couple of Stampin' Up! Pearl Basic Jewels. The sentiment also comes from the Marry Me set and was heat embossed in silver, and die cut using one of the tags from Spellbinders Fancy Framed Tags Two, and topped of with two more Pearl Basic Jewels.
 
 
 
 
I placed the sentiment to the bottom left of the card, and added a few more pearls to the top right to balance the look.
 
I finished the card by stamping in Stampin' Up Basic Gray a quote from William Shakespeare, also from the Marry Me set, on the inside of the card, along with the flowers from the same set.
 
 
 
 
Tip: When heat embossing first cover your card with talcum powder as this will help prevent stray bits of embossing powder sticking to your card.
 
Thanks for stopping by.
 
Angela
 
Ingredients
 
Stamps: Stampin' Up! Marry Me (retired)
Ink: VersaMark, Stampin' Up! Baisc Gray
Card: Stampin' Up! Whisper White, card base
Other: Spellbinders dies, Stampin' Up! Pearl Basic Jewels, embossing powder-Sticky Stuff, Frosted Leaves gilding flakes
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment