Pages

Thursday 10 January 2013

Serene Silhouettes with a dash of colour

It's been some time since I entered any of the craft challenges, so I thought it was about time I did, and the challenge from Less is More is just a great one to get started with. Their challenge to kick the new year off is black and white with a splash of colour. Take a look at my interpretation:

 
 
This stamped image is from Serene Silhouettes, one of my favourite stamp sets, and I thought that one of the birds coloured red could be my dash of colour. The image has been coloured using Markers and is stamped onto Whisper White card, which has been double scored top and bottom.
 
 


The sentiment is from Itty Bitty Banners and has been cut using the Bitty Banners framelits. To complement the red bird this has been layered, using dimensionals, onto red Glitter Paper. You'll notice that I've rounded the bottom right hand corner of the Basic Black card to finish it off.

Here's what you'll need to make the card:

Stamps: Stampin' Up! Serene Silhouettes, Itty Bitty Banners
Card: Whisper White, Basic Black
Other: Basic Black and Real Red Markers, red Glimmer Paper, Bitty Banner Framelits, Dimensionalsmm Simply Scored Score Board to emboss the topper.

See you soon

Angela


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Angela, well done :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks super Angela.
    It's great to see you at "Less is More".
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the touch of glitz, the one red bird reminds me of a cardinal cheering everyone up in the middle of winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angela this is fab

    Sorry for my late visit!Thanks for Joining us this week
    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete