Pages

Monday 29 October 2012

CAS(E) The Open Sea

I love the coast and find the sea a wonderful place to recharge my batteries. The lovely stamp set - The Open Sea - conjures up daring adventures on the sea and is rather useful for male cards. When I saw this week's sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch!

 
 
I instantly thought of a way to use this set.
 
 
I'm really sorry about the quality of this photo - for some reason I can't get the brightness of the Whisper White card to show - and I've taken loads of pictures in different positions and light all to no avail. I stamped the globe image from the set in Tempting Turquoise on card of the same colour. (There is a close up below). I used one of the Window Frames framelit to create the hole, with the points representing compass points, keeping the theme of a sea journey. The ship is also stamped in Tempting Turquoise.
 
Here is a close up of the bottom of the card:
 
 
You can see the globe image more clearly now, and considering how intricate it is, it does stamp really well. The sentiment is from the stamp set Made for You, which I love using and you will no doubt see it again soon. The linen thread tied around the bottom represents the ropes found on sail ships.
 
 
To make this card you will need:
 
Stamps: Stampin; Up! The Open Sea, Made for You
Card: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise
Ink: TemptingTurquoise
Other: Window Frames framelit, Linen Thread

 
 


2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful masculine card! So glad you played along with us in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat cut out. I'm always in need of cards for men and this is a great one. Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete